This year’s RHS Chelsea Flower Show has been another resounding success, and we are delighted to announce some of the winners.
Trailfinders Australian Garden presented by Fleming’s has been awarded Best Show Garden. The Trailfinders exhibit is frequently a popular exhibit at the show, with this year being no exception. The design encompassed a studio space floating above a flower like structure.
The Best Artisan Garden Award went to the Japanese Tokonoma Garden for their depiction of a traditional Japanese tatami room. The Best Fresh Garden Award went to the After the Fire exhibit, with the Diamond Jubilee award being handed to Waremhoven for their display of alliums and amaryllis.
The President’s award went to Blackmore and Langdon for their delphinium and begonia display.
Full List of Awards:
· RHS Chelsea Plant of the Year 2013: Mahonia eurybrachteata subsp. ganpinensis ‘Soft Caress’
· Best RHS Environment Exhibit: University of Nottingham
· RHS Young Chelsea Florist of the Year: Paula McLagan, Something Special Flowers
· RHS Chelsea Florist of the Year: Laura Leong, Moulton College
· Best Floral Arrangement (Session 1): Barbara Collier
· Best Floral Arrangement (Session 2): Stephen McDonnell
Show Garden medals
· Trailfinders Australian Garden by Fleming’s (Best Show Garden)
· The Arthritis Research UK Garden
· The Brewin Dolphin Garden
· The Laurent-Perrier Garden
· East Village Garden
· The Homebase Garden – ‘Sowing the seeds of change’ in association with Alzheimer’s Society
· The Wasteland
· The M&G Centenary Garden – ‘Windows through Time’
· RBC Blue Water Roof Garden
· The Telegraph Garden
The 2013 RHS Chelsea Flower Show Awards appeared first on Gabriel Ash - Gardeners Corner.