Healthy Food to Grow In Your Greenhouse
Here at Gabriel Ash we are passionate about the nation’s health, so we thought we would compile a list of healthy food that can be grown in your Gabriel Ash greenhouse.
1) Tomatoes – the obvious one really. Scientifically proven to be anti-cancerous (especially amongst men) High in vitamins A, C and K, low in calories and tasty to boot. Tomatoes are also a source of potassium, folate and magnesium
2) Carrots – A good source of vitamin A, and have been proven to have anti-ageing properties…and yes they are actually good for your eyes!
3) Kale – A nutritional powerhouse, high in iron and in calories. Kale actually contains more iron than beef per gram
4) Peppers – Tasty sweet or spicy hot, peppers, whilst being high in vitamins also help alleviate asthma and arthritis symptoms.
5) Melons – Fleshy and juicy, melons they help protect your heart and maintain your bodies’ metabolism
6) Radish – Radishes are low calorie and contain no fat or cholesterol. They are also great energy givers.
7) Cucumbers – Excellent for rehydrating the body and relieving bad breath. They are also a hangover cure as they replenish many of the nutrients that can be flushed out of your body after a few too many glasses of wine.
8) Leeks – The all rounder. Leeks contain small amounts of most essential nutrients and minerals.
9) Butternut Squash – High in vitamin A, great for your vision and contains zinc, iron and magnesium. It also aids the bodies’ amino acid production.
10) Cumin – Helpful for diabetes sufferers, cumin helps to reduce the blood’s glucose levels, and really enhances the flavour of minced meat, curries and even boiled eggs.
Finally, gardening has been proven to be good for your health. It helps focus the mind and dissipate stress. With a Gabriel Ash greenhouse, you can escape the rain, relax and grow your own tasty grub. Best of luck!
The post Healthy Food to Grow In Your Greenhouse appeared first on Gabriel Ash - Gardeners Corner.