One of the main benefits of owning a greenhouse is that you can grow your own fruit and vegetables all year round. Gabriel Ash offers a selection of greenhouses to suit your requirements. There are a wide variety of vegetables that are suitable for greenhouse growing during the summer season.
Growing the perfect vegetables in your greenhouse takes time, effort and patience and will provide you with the following benefits:
• Healthy produce. Growing your own vegetables enables you to be provided with healthy and nutritious food. If grown organically, vegetables will provide you with a number of health benefits, unlike many supermarket varieties, which have been grown in fields where herbicides and pesticides containing chemicals have been used.
• Variety of vegetables. There are many types of fruit and vegetables that are suitable for greenhouse growing, such as tomatoes, strawberries, onions and salads. You can easily create a variety of different dishes using your own home-grown vegetables. You can also consider growing a selection of herbs, which will add plenty of flavour to your dishes.
• Colourful greenhouse. Growing a selection of summer vegetables and fruits will not only provide you with a wide range of benefits but will also brighten up your greenhouse. Varieties such as tomatoes, peppers and strawberries will help to provide a colourful and attractive greenhouse during summer.
• Cut down on costs. In addition to being beneficial to your health, home-grown fruit and vegetables will also enable you to cut down on how much you spend at the supermarket.
With the right amount of care and attention, you can produce the perfect vegetables in your greenhouse this summer.
Here are a few tips for growing your own greenhouse vegetables:
• Provide ventilation. Your greenhouse will need to be kept well ventilated during the summer to reduce the risk of problems such as plant disease. There are many types of ventilation systems available that are suitable for greenhouses.
• Water your plants. Provide your vegetables with the right amount of water during the warmer weather. Some varieties may have different requirements to others, so consider researching any types that you are not familiar with. Tomatoes are a particularly good choice for those wishing to start out with something that is easy to grow.
• Look out for pests. Summer is a time when your greenhouse vegetables are more likely to be damaged by pests. Keep pests at bay by using safe methods of pest removal, such as placing sticky traps in your greenhouse or using blasts of water. Avoid using pesticides that contain chemicals, as this could harm your plants.
• Plan your summer greenhouse. Add staging and the necessary equipment needed to grow your summer vegetables. Keeping your greenhouse organised and tidy will make it much easier to care for your plants. Consider adding a thermometer to your greenhouse and make sure the humidity levels are suitable for your plants.
Providing your plants with the right conditions in your greenhouse will increase your chances of successfully growing a selection of fresh and healthy vegetables for the summer.
Author: Robert Smith
The post Growing the perfect vegetables in a greenhouse this summer appeared first on Gabriel Ash - Gardeners Corner.